Do you get jealous when you participate in someone’s webinar that uses high tech video conferencing software? Wish you could have access to a similar application to conduct team meetings, client presentations, even virtual property tours to an out-of-state client, but without the high cost? Well, do you have a Gmail account?
Then you have access to Google+. Yes that “ghost town” social media site that Google released almost a year ago. Regardless of how popular the social media site is, we can all use some features of Google + on a daily basis in our industry. The best feature of Google+ is the very powerful, and more importantly, FREE, video conferencing software called Google+ Hangouts.
- Include up to 10 people in one Google+ Hangout
- Screen share capabilities for any participant
- Integration with Google Docs to allow real time video group collaboration to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Share and watch a YouTube
- Integration with third party apps like, Cacoo, which allows real time diagram and flowchart collaboration
- Record your Hangout and post it to your YouTube channel to share with clients
Our company uses Google+ Hangouts to conduct weekly team meetings, team training sessions, and we are looking at how to integrate recorded presentations into our website.
There is a desktop application available as well as a mobile application for Android and iOS devices. Video conferencing works across all platforms so a handful of users can be on their desktops in the office while the other handful are out in the field on their mobile devices.
Sign in and start a Hangout today!