If you’re even remotely successful as a real estate agent, you've probably figured out that you need to be as engaging as possible when it comes to your target audience. However, if you’re still spending hours stuffing envelopes and wasting money on expensive postage, you haven’t come around to technology in 2015. It’s time to get that yucky stamp taste out of your mouth—it’s time to use MailChimp.
MailChimp is a web-based email marketing service that helps you design your email newsletters, integrate them into services you already use, like Facebook and other social platforms, and then track your results. You probably already know why that would be important in real estate, so let’s talk about how to some of the benefits you’ll receive, and some of the benefits you’ll be rolling out to potential homebuyers.
An Approved Bulk Mailer
As with most email services and internet service providers, in order to prevent spamming you’re limited by how many emails you are able to send at any given time. But MailChimp is an exception to the rule. Working with ISPs and corporate domains, MailChimp ensure your emails are safe and approved, meaning you can send to an unlimited number of recipients each time.
And if for some reason your email doesn’t go through, MailChimp attempts to resend them. It also tells you why they could be bouncing instead of being properly delivered. Here are a few more great things about MailChimp:
- Privacy Laws: MailChimp automatically includes an unsubscribe link in every email, as required by law.
- Compatibility: MailChimp allows email recipients to read your emails in HTML or text.
- Click Through: Marketing tools allow you to see if your deliveries are successful by showing you if recipients are opening your emails. The also find out why recipients are removing themselves from your list.
Saving time and money is a huge part of getting rid of the envelopes and stamps, so rest easy knowing you aren't trading one expense for another. MailChimp offers multiple tiers, but here’s a quick rundown.
- Free Subscription: If you have fewer than 2,000 subscribers, you can send 12,000 emails per month, absolutely free. No credit card required.
- Monthly Subscription: If you want to lift your limit of 12,000 emails, you can purchase unlimited plans at $10 for 500 subscribers.
- Pay As You Go: If you don’t frequently send out emails, but need a special plan to do it, then you can pay $.03 per email (which decreases as email volume increases).
If you’re looking for a new way to connect with potential clients, save yourself some money, and integrate yourself and your business with technology, then look no further than MailChimp.